About Technical Industries, Inc.
Technical Industries Inc., from its origins in 1994, started and has continued its Operational Excellence philosophy using continuing improvement and lean tools to accomplish this. Our approach blends business objectives with focused value stream improvements. The elements of our foundation are taken from the "lean toolbox" - standard work, 5S, value stream mapping, kanban, mistake proofing, layout, visual management, TPM and empowerment. We utilize the talents of Technical Industries Inc. employees who are chosen for their role in identifying waste, standardizing processes and their responsiveness to customer concerns.
Operating 24/7 with many machines running "lights out", we have continued to meet our cost objectives, which allow us to be very competitive. We've been careful to not add activities that consume resources but do add value.
Working hand-in-hand with our customers, we have also created a flexible manufacturing environment made up of individual manufacturing cells. From short to long JIT production runs, with daily deliveries, we tailor our services to give you what you need. In addition to injection molding, we have the capacity to assemble and decorate.
Our mission is to apply high technology machinery, lean manufacturing practices and continuously improved processes to business opportunities in niche markets.
Claim To Fame:
Highly reliable custom molder with experience in supplying annually:
- In excess of 135,896,000 critical components annually for initiation devices in the mining, aerospace and defense industries leading to safe, reliable and ease of use products-with no incoming inspections.
- In excess of 1,140,000 aesthetically appealing and ergonomically acceptable components and two color overmolded allen wrench hand tools to the consumer market
- In excess of 100,000,000 functional and aesthetically acceptable components for cosmetic spray dispersing devices
- Components and/or finished products for other industrial/consumer/military markets such as automotive, business machines and leisure activities, both short and long runs
- Approved supplier to large OEM's
- Since 1986 has been the Plastic Commodity Manager for Dyno Nobel (formerly Ensign-Bickford)